Conversations with God (21.01.2016)


Every morning, we wake up and do things in a hurry. We might find time to spend a while in prayer, where we quickly make a to-do list of things for God. Then we promptly proceed with our day because there is so much of living to do.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I worry. I worry that I don't exactly feel a connection with God like I used to when I was a child. I worry that I am not able to hear His voice when I pray. Today, though, He spoke to me loud and clear as I was travelling to work and singing to myself a song that seemed to pop into my head out of the blue. The song goes like this: "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord..."

"Do you allow me to speak?", God asked. "How do you expect to hear my voice when you are so busy doling out tasks for me to do, soon after which you are rushing to other unimportant things? It’s very simple, I speak if you listen! Spend time with me, wait upon me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to the Technical Writer

Window Views: My Morning Muse

A Memoir