Remember that time?

Spotify recommended this song (Always" by Armaan Malik and Calum Scott) to me a couple of days back. I had never heard it before but, strangely, it made me nostalgic. Maybe they don't write songs like this anymore, maybe it was because I was playing it on loop for my daughter during her nap... whatever the reason, it took me back.

Back to a time when we said these things to each other. When we spoke in absolutes.
When we made absolute promises.
"Always."
"Forever."
"All my days. All my nights."

We were newly in love, but we were so sure!

Oh, it was a time when we needed nothing else, and nobody else. This person was our everything.  

We just floated through life, everything and everyone else a blur. Eyes focussed only on that one person.

Only their opinion mattered. Only their feelings were important. And, of course, their presence.

What a time it was, when the only thing we expected from each other was presence!
No words, no actions, no demands.
Just sitting side by side made the heart full.

We were willing to travel for hours and cover several kilometres a day, even if it meant spending just a few minutes together.

And in between meetings, selfies sent to each other kept us going. In those selfies, if we looked at them today, we would see...that we loved ourselves too, not just the person we were sending them to.

Because it was time when we were content in just being ourselves; because we knew that someone loved us exactly that way. Exactly for who we were!

Remember that time? When we thought that just being together meant that we'd conquered the world, solved all our problems, found the key to lifelong happiness...

What bliss!

Blissfully in love.
Blissfully unaware.

Oh to be young and blissful again!

[Screenshots from Spotify, featuring the song lyrics]


Comments

  1. Everytime you take me to your world girl!! Feeling so good to read your stuffs. I wish you to write more.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Boy

Tribute to the Technical Writer

Understanding Kairos (Part I): A Brief Interlude