Book Review: Sweet Masterpiece (by Connie Shelton)

An entertaining book! I loved the protagonist, and the life bubbling from within her, even at the age of 52! While reading the book, I had initially pictured her as a woman in her late twenties or early thirties - right until the point where the writer outright mentions her age in the second chapter! Samantha Sweet (Sam) is such an inspiration to people like me who struggle with laziness, day after day. She handles two jobs; one for the money and one to follow her passion, and does them both excellently well. She gave me the feeling that however old you are, it is still right to follow your dream!

By genre, this book is a "Cozy Mystery", with a couple of interesting mystery threads that take the story forward. One finds a solution towards the end of the book, but one doesn't. Although not completely unpredictable, it kept me glued from end to end with its well-written descriptions. Even as a person who knows nothing about baking, I was able to almost visualise all that Sam was doing in her small kitchen, crafting those wonderful cakes, as the writer gave shape to them beautifully!


Rating: 4 stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to the Technical Writer

Window Views: My Morning Muse

A Memoir