To Love Writing

I’ve just created my blog page, and this is my first-ever blog entry. In this day and age, when pretty much everyone has a blog page, my first blog entry seems a tad too late for my almost 22-year old self. Oh, to be honest, I’m a lazy person, and I like to avoid doing anything that is not mandatory. Except, of course, the things I love. It’s not mandatory to read a novel, or Facebook constantly, but these things I do, because I love doing them. Most normal people don’t like working/studying, but both these are not optional for most of us. So we do them.

Writing, for me, is not optional because it is part of my job. So writing is programmed into my system, into my nature and into my way of living. Apart from the writing I do at work, I write anything and everything my friends want me to write, I scribble down spontaneous lists anywhere possible, I devour quotes from all possible sources and write them everywhere for inspiration, I record almost every feeling and every event of my life in my Facebook status updates. I find the question “What’s on your mind?” very tempting to answer.

I’ve been told by many people to write a diary of my own. Honestly, I’ve tried. Almost every year, I pick up one of those fancy New-Year diaries and try to record the events of the day gone by. I write for a day or two, and soon, the fancy New-Year diary lies forgotten under a layer of dust in some mysterious corner of my room.


I’m a lazy person who likes to write down anything I please anywhere I please, but to faithfully make an entry in a journal every single day of the year about all the boring things that happened that day, when I’d rather be snuggling up cosily in bed….It’s just not me.
So here I am, at another attempt to turn my “flair” for writing into true “love”. I don’t know what I’ll be writing about, or how often I’ll be doing it, but hey, there’s no harm in trying, right? I really will make no promises to interest you with my writing. If you like it, I’ll thank you for it. J
And you know what the weirdest thing is? I want to be a journalist someday!!

Comments

  1. So i'm the first one to comment in the 'No Comments' box..? :D Anyways.. it's a good try Monisha.. :) Loved it. ! you should treat me fo this.. :P Come, let's go to the CCD n have a Belgian Choco Shot! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol..thank u my dear stepmommy :P and choco shot? ok that's a deal ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to the Technical Writer

Window Views: My Morning Muse

A Memoir