Message in a Song Sheet

In mid-January this year, after over three weeks of being sick and weak and undiagnosed (despite multiple doctor visits and tests), my dad was found to be COVID+ve. The chest x-ray revealed that over 70% of his lungs had been affected.

The hospital he had been admitted in for the test asked him to leave that same night. They gave a letter asking us to transfer him elsewhere as they didn't cater to COVID patients. By this time, the night curfew had begun and it was difficult commuting anywhere, let alone with a patient who had COVID! But we needed to find another hospital to admit my dad in; he needed medical attention at the earliest.

My uncle suggested taking him to a govt hospital where COVID patients were accepted. But my dad didn't want to go there. He had his own set of reasons and apprehensions, I don't blame him for them. But as the midnight search for a private hospital accepting COVID patients began, I started to worry internally.

One worry, obviously, was for my father's health and recovery. The other was about how I was going to afford the treatment at a private hospital. I knew that treatment costs could run into lakhs, even a bed per day costed tens of thousands. As the elder daughter (and the only daughter with an income), I knew I had to support the treatment financially. And I had no clue how.

That night, at my parents' place, I was looking for an old piece of paper to wrap and dispose my sanitary pad in. My mind was still filled with worry when I noticed a stack of old sheets kept tucked to the side of a kitchen shelf. And I pulled a paper out. 

I pulled THIS paper out. 

An old song sheet...on that particular night, it was a message for me. A message from Jehovah Jireh himself, that I needn't worry and that he would provide for me from His riches in glory. What a relief! Heart bursting with gratitude, how I cried!

Today, I'm honoured to tell you that, indeed, He took care of everything! The right people with the right assistance, the right referral to the right hospital at right time, the right decision made months ago which, until a day before the incident, I had thought was wrong. (More on all this later)

It was all Him. Jehovah Jireh. All glory be to His name!

PS: I didn't plan this post, but had clicked this picture to send to my husband that same night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to the Technical Writer

Window Views: My Morning Muse

When Faith Fails, Remember Me