Wang's Happy Women

I wrote this more than a year ago, based on my experience of ordering from Wang's Kitchen on a working weekend. And today, when I ordered again from Wang's, I was reminded of that day.

This was a very long Zomato review and Facebook post then. It's a blog now.
.....

I was working last Saturday (unfortunately), and as a treat to myself, I left my boxed lunch behind at home and decided to order my lunch from a nice restaurant. About an hour before lunch time, I browsed Zomato, zeroed in on Wang's Kitchen and placed my order. Since I knew I wouldn't be sharing my lunch with any of my colleagues that day with most of them on leave and one fasting, I kept my order minimal. Moreover, it being lent season, I was left with only veg options. Anyways, my order was a Veg. Schezwan Noodles.

The food was delivered to my office an hour after I placed the order. No complaints here, because they had given me fair warning before I placed my order about the time it would take. Unlike most places that promise half an hour and end up taking longer, I liked how Wang's stuck to the word they gave. Usually, the most intolerable thing about ordering food in is the waiting time, right? Wang's, however, kept sending me friendly updates every once in a while, ensuring me that the food was on its way. That was really comforting for the hungry person that I was that afternoon.

The food, obviously tasted good; fresh and hot. The highlight, though, was the quantity! The box it came in looked fairly small, but the good people at Wang's had stuffed it in with so much food! I didn't realise this initially, but when I was serving the food on to another plate for me to eat from, it struck me as almost magical! It was a refreshing change from all the restaurants that charge too much and provide too little.

I ate to my heart's content - 2 full servings. And yet, I had more than half a box of noodles remaining. Not willing to waste, but also not having an inch of space left inside my full stomach, I decided to go out and hand the box of food to a homeless woman who sat on the sidewalk near my office. I was going to ask her if she was OK with food I bought from the restaurant, but realised how irrelevant my question was as soon as I walked up to her and held out the box. She snatched it from me and thanked me profusely! Maybe she was starving that afternoon
and had whispered a prayer for some lunch?

Whatever the case, Wang's Kitchen made two women very happy that Saturday afternoon through its generous serving! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to the Technical Writer

Window Views: My Morning Muse

A Memoir